vrijdag 1 februari 2019

Ready, set, go!

By the time I've finished typing this post it will be around midnight. The official start of NaMoPaiMo 2019 and the moment I can start painting my model. She is not quite ready, but almost. During the prepping phase I felt like I started to develop a bond with my Pepto. She's been sanded quite thoroughly and I feel like I know all her nooks and crannies and muscles and wrinkles. Over the course of two weeks I grew very fond of her.

Then came the priming and the love was gone. Her tail is in the way, her hind legs are in the way, her nose is in the way, her forelock is in the way. How do people do this?? The underside of her butt is so hard to reach if you don't want a triple layer of primer on her tail and legs. I'm honestly worried about fixating the pastel layers. From what I understood it's not a good idea to put the spray on too thick, otherwise it will become grainy, if I remember correctly. Ugh, I guess I'll just have to develop some fancy wrist movements to spray around the tail and the legs and still hit the buttocks.


Above is my official entry selfie with my nude horse. I waited to take the selfie until she had some primer on her. She still has a few crevices that are not fully primed, but I think I will just prime those by hand since they are hard to reach with spray primer. By the way, don't you think Pepto looks like a shampoo model in this photo? Makes me think of the L'Oreal commercials "Because you're worth it". Some more name ideas: Worth It Pepto or Sheza Painted Pepto.

After my last post I thought long and hard and after more than a week of hemming and hawing I finally decided to make a new facebook account solely so I could join the NaMoPaiMo facebook group. I've been in the group for a day now and it is awesome! Since it's now past midnight I should really go to bed. I've got work in the morning and after that I need to finish Pepto's primer so that I can put the first layer of pastel on her on Saturday.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten