dinsdag 13 april 2010

Bosals

When I was making my first western saddle a year ago, my friend Charlotte offered to make me a bridle. She asked me what I would like and after some thinking I decided I'd really like to have a bosal. She honestly admitted that she was willing to give it a try but that it might not be up to my standards so in the end we settled for a rope bridle, which turned out beautifully :) Still the bosal kept bugging me and since it wouldn't leave me alone I decided to give it a try myself. This is what I have to show for it.



It's a plain bosal without braiding or zig-zag pattern but for a first try I really like it. The coolest thing about bosals is that you also get to make mecates. I just love the endless color combinations you can make with three colors of embroidery thread. I've made a couple so I can choose a matching mecate for the horse I'm showing.



In this picture my saddle wasn't finished yet and I borrowed this pad from a friend. I've since added concho's and bought my own pad :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten