zondag 2 mei 2010

Arabian halter

When I first started collecting I planned to stick to Quarter Horses, Paints, Appaloosas and anything else that could qualify as a western horse. For a time it seemed to be working but somehow Polaris managed to find his way into my collection and since I love the bright colours of native Arabian costumes I decided that no traditional Arabian horse could just sneak in without getting at least an Arabian halter. This is my first halter and it's still in progress. The pictures aren't really up to date. It does have a nose chain and I've made the tassles and throatlatch but I didn't get the camera out yet. I'm planning to also make a collar and have them both finished for a show on June 5 in Amstelveen. Maybe in the course of this year I'll also attempt a full costume but I'll have to find a lot of courage to do that.

Headpiece

Lead rope

Cowries


Three of my (many) reference photos


2 opmerkingen:

  1. Very nice and much, MUCH better than my first Arabian halter!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you :)
    I hope to be working on it some more this week.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen