donderdag 20 mei 2010

Another Arabian halter

Hmm, I thought I'd mainly be making western saddles... Oh well, I might just as well do something else while waiting for my saddle tree to arrive. This is what I've been working on:


It's for my live show buddy, for driving me to the live show in Amstelveen. I'll probably make a matching collar for the live show in Groningen in October. It's not finished yet. I still need to trim the ends, make the cowries and maybe tassels. I found two versions of this type of halter so I'm letting my friend choose if he wants it with or without tassels.

Some details:

Note that the middle braid is facing the opposite direction.


By far the largest part of yellow Arabian halters (as far as I know) is finished with red:

This one is finished with black. I should have used gold chain but I couldn't find a chain that I liked. Also note the different type of cowrie medallions, with five shells instead of four:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten